Talking about lip stain, it is like a love-hate relationship. I love it because it gives very nice, natural-coloured lips. On the other hand, I do hate it because it makes my lips dry and my wallet dry as well (you know how expensive it is).
One night, while breastfeeding my baby, I bumped into a blog that talked about making your own lip stain. Whoa! It was like a dream comes true! Who would ignore a cheap, DIY lip stain? Not me ^.^
Because I desperately want to have one
(my last lip stain I bought was Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint and it successfully made my lips like desert), so I gave it a try. The result was surprisingly amazing! I instantly fall in love with this!
What you need:
- Food colouring (you can buy it in baking shops or supermarkets)
- Your favourite lip balm (lately, my fave lip balm is Viva White Chic on Lips Aloe)
- First, swipe your lip balm. It is very important to make your lips ready for the next step and to avoid dry, chapped lips. I use Viva White Chic on Lips Aloe Secret that really works to solve the problem!
- Pour some drops of food colouring to the Q-tip. Be careful, don’t pour too much…
- Dab the Q-tip to your lips, starting with your upper lip then your lower lip (I do this because my upper lip colour is slightly darker than the lower one).
- Repeat the previous step to get the desired colour.
- Additional step: wait a few minutes and then wipe your lips off with tissue to reveal I-just-naturally-own-this-colour-lips.
- Voila! now you have gorgeous lips that will brighten your day!
I believe some of you think that it is dangerous to use food colouring for your lips. Well, it depends on what food colouring you use. As long as you use the well-known brand (where you can see the expired date, the factory, and the ingredients) I think it’s okay. If you are still reluctant to use food colouring, you can also try the all-natural lip stain using fruits like strawberries and beet. However, all-natural lip stain doesn’t stay as long as the food colouring lip stain on your lips and it doesn’t last long (because you have to keep it cool in fridge and last only for a week tops).
I personally LOOOOVE this DIY lip stain. Not only I can experiment with different colours (I will post the mixed lip stain to get different colour later on), but I also get it chep but still with good quality. Another best thing about this DIY lip stain is I can also use the food colouring to make DIY play dough (will post about it soon!) for Deniz. Hohoho!
So, why don’t you give it a try, ladies!